DESIGNED & OPTIMISED EXCLUSIVELY FOR
MODERN F-T INFRARED &
TABLET ANALSYER -
switch on the power unit unless all the connectors have been plugged in and connected to
the sampler. Serious damage will occur to the system if the stepper motor is disconnected
whilst the power is switched on. Allow 30 seconds after switching off.
Never drop tablets in to the carousel when it is running, i.e.
the rotor is spinning.
The system comprises of two units a tablet carousel/changer and a
power supply unit. The carousel is supplied with 7 tablet holders and 7 matching chucks.
You will be shown how to change these so that tablets of several sizes can be examined.
You cannot mix tablet sizes in one sequence.
To operate the system successfully you must follow precisely the following
CHECKING THE UNIT
Assemble the complete system on the bench and test it thoroughly before installing it
in the spectrometer. Select the appropriate carousel unit from the case & fit this and
its tablet chuck to the base unit as has been explained to you.
The steps involved are:-
- Remove the chuck from the carousel & fit it to the base unit.
Turn it gently until it engages with the indent in the nose of the
rotator. An "O" ring is ALWAYS fitted between the chuck
& motor unit.
- Very gently but firmly align the carousel assembly on the chuck
& push it onto the two S.S. pins. Engage the two M3 screws.
(If they have fallen from the assembly the screws fitted with fibre
washers enter the two holes marked with red paint flashes). Tighten
the screws making sure that alignment is maintained.
- Connect the two cables to the power supply and to the tablet changer.
The socket painted green fits into the carousel unit
the other into the base. Connect the rubber tubes to the power unit,
vacuum source & tablet changer.
- Then, and only then, turn on in sequence the
Vacuum source then Power Supply.
- Load tablets into the carousel.
- Press the red button on the supply the motors will start
on the changer. Check that both rotation & vertical movement
are occurring as you would wish. The amplitude & periodicity
of the vertical movement are adjustable.
Amplitude remove the M3 screw under the tablet chuck &
select another threaded hole. Moving towards the pivot reduces
Periodicity an adjustment knob will be found on the power
- Turn the key-switch clockwise. Press the black knob. The changer
will now execute a change sequence. Once complete press the black
knob again until you are satisfied. Turn the key switch anti-clockwise.
Once you are completely satisfied of correct operation install the system in the Raman
OPERATION IN THE SPECTROMETER
- Fit the carousel/changer unit into the spectrometer.
- Connect one of the tubes supplied to the carousel, route it through the light trap and
then connect it to the power supply as indicated.
- Connect the supplied cables to the carousel, pass them through the light trap and
connect them to the power supply.
- Connect the power supply to either a vacuum pump or your laboratory supply and TURN ON.
- Turn on the power to the control unit
- Identify the first tablet position.
- Load with tablets. One will drop down in to the scanning position and hence be #1.
- Switch on the spectrometer. Set to monitor and adjust the sample
position to best position in the normal way. Stop monitor.
- Press Start on the control unit.
- Start the multi-sample sequence on the spectrometer.
The power control unit assumes that you will not acquire data on any one sample for
more than 15 minutes. If this restriction is unacceptable please request assistance
(alterations can be made).
Once the last tablet has been examined (whether this be after 1, 2 or up to 20 tablets)
the machine will go in to its standby mode.
It is assumed that you have set the instrument to record spectra one after another.
Record stand Record stand ---------- finish.
We advise that you allow 1 minute of stand time. Please note that there is no way of
identifying your spectra with the individual tablet. The spectra are recorded in sequence
from tablet 1 so your loading of the carousel is critical.
Should a tablet fail to fall from the carousel in to the analysis position the Ventacon
machine will go in to its standby mode so that no confusion can be
generated concerning the correlation between the tablets and their spectra.
Tablets can either be allowed to fall into the bottom of the Raman sample area or
they can be collected in one of two troughs supplied.
[Home] [Who is Ventacon] [Raman Products]
[NIR Products] [Contact Us] [Links]
© Ventacon 2007