- Install the light trap as per instructions - this applies ONLY for Nicolet instruments.
- Using the plunger supplied, push it into the rear of the cell. Pull it backwards until a
cavity approximately 2mm remains at the front.
- Fill the cell carefully with a micro spatula.
- Compress the sample against a hard object to consolidate it.
- The plunger is also used to empty the cell.
- Insert the cell into the sample area using the two pins at the base.
- Insert the thermocouple into the Universal Power Supply
Note Later cells have no T/C, in these cases use rtd input.
- Insert the DIN plug into the Universal Power Supply.
- Operate the Universal Power Supply as per instructions supplied.
- Pipe cleaner
- Laboratory paper towels
- Solvent/steel wire wool/Scotchbrite
- 1.5mm Allen key
- Take the Heated Cell out of the spectrometer.
- Heat the cell until the sample melts.
- Push the rod FORWARDS to eject the sample.
- Grip the exposed contaminated rod with a paper towel to remove it.
- WHILST HOT, polish the bore and end of the tube using pipe cleaners and paper towels
- Cool down and repeat with solvent on the pipe cleaner and paper towel.
- Clean the rod with solvent and/or a mild abrasive.
If the sample has decomposed and the rod inside the tube has seized, you MUST proceed as
- DO NOT attempt to hammer it free.
- With the cell, cold and disconnected:
- Remove the lid at the rear of the cell. Note how the 3 cables and the thermocouple lie.
- Identify the two screws that hold the rear end section of the cell to the main body.
- Remove them.
- Applying firm pressure, gently press the nose of the cell inwards and the heated core
will slide out of the body.
NOTE Do not hammer the cell apart. Do not loosen the 4 central screws
around the stainless steel tube.
- Locate hole A in the black anodised metal core.
- Loosen screws in hole A using the allen key.
NOTE Only 1-2 turns required. Press the stainless steel tube and
rod out of the core. Make a note of the position .Do not separate the two
- Return them to Ventacon Ltd at the address below:
Gable Cottage, Crawley,
Fax/phone: (44) 9620 776 390
Note If returning from overseas - declare the value as
"No Commercial Value" Item returned for repair.
[Home] [Who is Ventacon] [Raman Products]
[NIR Products] [Contact Us] [Links]
© Ventacon 2007